Auctions America’s September auction at Auburn include a decent amount of eighties vehicles. I’ll concentrate on the 1980s cars and trucks that actually sold (remember that this is not an all no reserve auction—a black 1983 Excalibur Series IV phaeton with a black interior was a no sale bid up to $42,500) and add some of my opinions.
- 1981 stainless steel DeLorean DMC-12 coupe with a gray interior and 13,000 miles—$19,000 hammer price for a car that doesn’t look a nice as the miles would indicate
- 1987 violet Porsche 928 S4 coupe with a beige interior—$15,500
- 1981 red Toyota BJ42 Land Cruiser SUV with a black interior—$33,000
- 1988 black Porsche 928S coupe with a beige interior—$30,000
- 1987 red Mercedes-Benz 560SL convertible with a tan interior and 48,000 miles—$26,000
- 1981 white Pontiac Firebird Trans Am with a black interior and 47,000 miles—$14,750
- 1989 white Pontiac Firebird Twentieth Anniversary Turbo Trans Am coupe with a tan interior and 83 miles—$35,000
- 1987 red Porsche 911 Targa coupe with a black interior and 64,000 miles—$44,000
- 1982 silver beige Chevrolet Corvette Collector Edition coupe with a beige interior—$14,500
- 1989 white Pontiac Firebird Twentieth Anniversary Turbo Trans Am coupe with a tan interior—$15,000
- 1987 black Jaguar XJ12 Vanden Plas sedan with a tan interior—$18,000
- 1981 red Ferrari 308 GTS with a tan interior and 42,000 miles—$49,000
- 1983 white Excalibur Series IV roadster with a red interior—$40,000 for this most respected of all the neo-classic marques.
- 1989 black Lincoln limousine with a black interior—$13,000
- 1988 green Royce-Royce Silver Spur sedan with a tan interior and 10,000 miles—$29,000
- 1988 black Ferrari Testarossa coupe with a tan interior and 20,000 miles—at $102,500, the highest eighties vehicle sale of this auction. According to Hagerty’s valuation tools, this is strong #2 money.
- 1987 gray Porsche 911 Turbo coupe with a gray interior—$72,000
- 1988 maroon Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme coupe with a maroon interior—$14,100
- 1980 gold Porsche 911SC coupe with a tan interior—$30,500
- 1986 black Porsche 911 Turbo coupe with a gray interior—$55,000 for this attractive car not in it’s original blue color.
- 1987 red Ferrari 328 GTS coupe with a tan interior—$61,000
- 1983 red Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole coupe with a black interior and 17,000 miles
- 1983 black Excalibur Series IV phaeton with a black interior—$40,000
What do you think of this auction’s results?