Russo And Steele’s auction at Monterey took place from August 13th to August 15th. I’ll concentrate on the relatively few 1980s cars and trucks that actually sold and add some of my opinions.
- 1984 red Ferrari 308 GTS coupe with a black leather interior—$66,000 hammer price
- 1988 white Porsche 930 Turbo coupe with a black interior—at $86,000, the highest eighties vehicle sale of this auction
- 1982 blue Toyota FJ43 SUV—$49,000
- 1989 red BMW 635CSi coupe with a gray interior and 88,000 miles—$16,500 for this handsome coupe.
- 1989 blue Ferrari Mondial t convertible with a tan interior and 22,000 miles—$36,000. Even the nicest Mondials—and this is one of them—are still Ferrari step-children. This is #2 money, according to Hagerty’s valuation tools. The same year’s 328 GTB coupe is over $100,000 in the same condition.
- 1984 yellow Ferrari 400i coupe with a tan interior and an automatic transmission—$37,500
- 1987 Cassis Red Metallic (kind of a champagne rose) Porsche 911 Cabriolet with a burgundy interior and 43,000 miles—$43,000. This is strong #3 money according to Hagerty’s valuation tools—how much did the color hurt the bidding?
- 1989 white Rolls-Royce Silver Spur sedan with a tan interior and 36,000 miles—$16,750
- 1983 black Porsche 911 custom cabriolet with a black interior and 79,000 miles—$41,000
What do you think of this auction’s results?