This year’s Barrett-Jackson Reno Tahoe auction included a few interesting vehicles from the eighties. As usual, I’ll concentrate on the 1980s cars (and some trucks) that sold and add some of my opinions. Where I have covered the specific year and model of a car in this blog, I link to it.
- 1986 black/silver two-tone Chevrolet El Camino pickup truck with 58,000 miles—$6,200 hammer price.
- 1981 black Jeep CJ-7 Laredo custom SUV with a tan interior and a four-speed manual transmission—$6,500
- 1981 beige Chevrolet Corvette coupe with camel leather interior, a four-speed manual transmission, and 61,000 miles—$9,000 isn’t bad for a car missing one of its t-tops.
- 1983 magnolia Rolls-Royce Silver Spur sedan with an autumn interior and 50,000 miles—$12,700
- 1981 red Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler pickup truck with a gray interior and a four-speed manual transmission—$13,500
- 1986 red Chevrolet Silverado mild custom pickup with a red interior—at $15,000, the highest eighties vehicle sale of the auction.
- 1982 blue Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 coupe with a gray interior, a four-speed manual transmission, and 47,000 miles—$10,000
- 1986 gold/burnt orange two-tone Chevrolet C-10 custom pickup truck with a gray interior—$8,750
- 1989 red Ford Mustang convertible with a white top, a red interior, the 5.0 V8, and a five-speed manual transmission—$6,2000
- 1984 black BMW 633 CSi coupe with a tan interior and a five-speed manual transmission—an ouch! at $8,000.
- 1980 black Chevrolet Corvette coupe with an oyster interior and a four-speed manual transmission—$11,000
What do you think of this year’s results?