As always, the January auction at Mecum Kissimmee provides much interesting fodder for commentary. I’ll concentrate on the at least fairly stock 1980s cars (and a few trucks) that sold (remember that this is not a no reserve auction) and add some of my opinions. Mecum Kissemmee is a huge event, so I’m going to separate it into two posts—this first covers from Friday to Sunday.
- 1984 brown two-tone Cadillac Seville sedan—$6,000 hammer price.
- 1980 brown two-tone Lincoln Mark VI Givenchy edition coupe—$5,500
- 1987 red Chevrolet Corvette coupe—$7,500
- 1980 red Chevrolet Corvette coupe—$11,000
- 1986 yellow Pontiac Firebird Trans Am coupe—$4,500
- 1984 yellow Alfa Romeo Veloce convertible—$6,000
- 1983 red Jeep Scrambler CJ-8 pickup truck—$11,000
- 1984 Firemist Red Buick Riviera convertible—$7,500
- 1989 blue Jeep Wrangler custom SUV—$15,500
- 1988 red Chevrolet Corvette convertible—$8,750
- 1982 red Rolls-Royce Silver Spur sedan—$5,000
- 1988 Astral Silver Metallic Mercedes-Benz 560SL convertible—$15,000
- 1989 gold Nissan Pulsar NX coupe with 12,000 miles (is it the nicest Pulsar remaining in the world?)—$6,000
- 1986 silver Mercedes-Benz 560SL convertible with 118 miles—at $84,000 the first car in this auction to meet my criteria for serious 1980s collectability of original cars: selling for equal to or above its original base list price. I’ll mark these cars in bold green.
- 1985 red Chevrolet Corvette coupe with 39,000 miles—$7,500
- 1986 black Buick Grand National coupe with 30,000 miles—$19,250
- 1983 yellow Jeep CJ-7 custom SUV—$17,000
- 1982 Silver Blue/Dark Blue two-tone Chevrolet Corvette coupe with 17,000 miles—$25,500 (interesting to see a non-Collector Edition 1982 hold its money)
- 1982 Dark Blue Metallic Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 coupe with 7,000 miles—$9,500
- 1986 white/blue two-tone Cadillac Eldorado coupe with 15,000 miles—$7,250
- 1985 beige Ford LTD Country Squire wagon—$3,000 (is it worth more than that just for the metal?)
- 1987 red Mercedes-Benz 560SL convertible—$11,000
- 1985 beige Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia Camper van—$9,750
- 1988 white Jaguar XJS coupe with 52,000 miles and a flood title—$4,250
- 1986 red Porsche 944 coupe—$8,250
- 1988 black Rolls-Royce Silver Spur sedan—$11,000
- 1988 beige Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV with wood paneling—$11,500
What do you think of this year’s results?